This book is the latest volume in the highly successful series Comprehensive Biochemistry. It provides a historical and autobiographical perspective of the developments in the field through the contributions of leading individuals who reflect on their careers and their impact on biochemistry. Volume 44 is essential reading for everyone from graduate student to professor, placing in context major advances not only in biochemical terms but in relation to historical and social developments. Readers will be delighted by the lively style and the insight into the lives and careers of leading scientists of their time.
* Contributors are distinguished scientists in the field
* Unique series of personal recollections
* Presents scientific research in a historical perspective
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. A lifetime with microbes (G.N. Cohen)
3. Wearing two hats (G. Dirheimer)
4. Of Mice and Men
the Mx connection (J. Lindemann)
5. An unconventional Journey to Neuroscience (R. Rodnight)
6. Nikolai Vavilov: Life in the case of science or science at a cost of life (L. Kisselev)