This book assembles in one place comprehensive reviews of the many applications of stable isotopes and the background material necessary to understand the application. This approach is a deliberate attempt to encourage the usage of stable isotopes in pharmaceutical research. A bonus to the reader is the high standard of contributions from a very talented and diverse group of investigators.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Isotope Effect: Implications for Pharmaceutical Investigations (T.R. Browne).
3. Fundamentals of Mass Spectrometry (D.A. Williams).
4. Mass Spectrometry: Liquid Chromatography
Mass Spectrometry (J.E. Evans).
5. Mass Spectrometry: Tandem Mass Spectrometry (C. Basic, S.E. Silverton, R. Yost).
6. Mass Spectrometry: Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (T.R. Browne, G.K. Szabo).
7. Alternatives to Mass Spectrometry for Quantitation of Stable Isotopes: High Performance Liquid Chromatography with Conventional Ultraviolet Detection (G.K. Szabo, T.R. Browne).
8. Alternatives to Mass Spectrometry for Quantitating Stable Isotopes: Applications of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in Brain Metabolic Research (K.L. Behar).
9. Alternatives to Mass Spectrometry for Quantitating Stable Isotopes: Atomic Emission Detection (J.L. Brazier).
10. Alternatives to Mass Spectrometry for Quantitating Stable Isotopes: The use of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Stable Isotopes in Receptor Binding studies: Probing Ligand
Protein Interactions and Ligand Structure in the Rhodopsin G-Protein Coupled Membrane Receptor: A Paradigm (P.J.E. Verdegen, J. Lugtenburg, H.J.M. de Groot).
11. The use of isotopes in receptor binding studies: Probing ligand-protein interactions and ligand structure in the rhodopsin G-protein coupled membrane receptor: a paradigm (P.J.E. Verdegem, J. Lugtenburg, H. de Groot).
12. Mass Balance (T.R. Browne, G.K. Szabo, A. Ajami).
13. Identification and Characterization of Drug Metabolites Using Stable Isotope Techniques
14. Absorption and Bioequivalence (M.L. Powell).
15. Drug Distribution and "Deep Pool Effect" (T.R. Browne).
16. Biotransformation and Excretion: Mechanic Studies: Deuterium Isotope Effects as a Probe of the Catalytic Properties of the Cytochromes P450 (W.F. Trager).
17. Biotransformation and Excretion: Pharmacokinetic Studies (T.R. Browne, G.K. Szabo).
18. Biotransformation and Excretion: Quantitative Studies of Tissue Metabolism (R. Durso).
19. Drug Interactions (T.R. Browne).
20. Application to Pediatric Pharmacology (G. Pons).
21. Breath Tests: Diagnostic Studies (B. Myer-Wyss, P. Hildebrand, C. Berlinger).
22. Breath Tests: Drug Metabolism Studies (J.L. Brazier).
23. Procurement of Stable Isotope Labeled Pharmaceuticals (T.R. Browne).
24. Regulatory Aspects (T.R. Browne).
25. Stable Isotopes in Pharmaceutical Development: An economic evaluation (T.R. Browne)