This book presents superconductivity in this materials context and displays some of the underlying simplicity in the materials record that provided fuel for the theoretical developments. Not only is the phenomenon deeply interesting, the metallic systems where it plays out are as well, and superconductivity gives a very interesting window from which to view the nature of electrically conducting materials. The level is not advanced, yet allows the serious reader to access the current developments in the literature.
- Addresses in detail the exciting developments after 1980. - Demonstrates that progress in superconductivity is to a large extent due to progress in materials synthesis and characterization.- Gateway to the current developments in the literature.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. History and Introduction
2. Notes on microscopic theory of superconductivity
3. Superconductivity at the Border with Magnetism
4. High-Tc Superconductivity
5. Organic Superconductivity: A mouse may be of service to a lion
6. Recent Developments (after 2000)
7. The Future of Superconductivity viewed through a Cloudy Crystal Ball