It is expected that this quite comprehensive volume will provide a valuable resource for graduate students and postdocs in the telomerase field and for established investigators in other fields who are beginning to study telomerase in their particular research program. With an increasing number of proteins being brought into the fold of telomerase research (e.g., DNA damage and repair response proteins, heat-shock proteins, and proteins in various signal transduction cascades) many new scientists are beginning to study this enzyme from novel vantage points.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Forward: Aging and cancer: Are telomeres and telomerase the connection? (J.W. Shay, W.E. Wright).
2. Assembly and function of the telomerase enzyme complex (W. Klapper, R. Parwaresch, G. Krupp).
3. Molecular mechanisms regulating telomerase activity (Jun-Ping Liu).
4. Telomerase and the cell cycle (T. Pandita).
5. Cell proliferation, telomerase and cancer (S.E. Holt, L.W. Elmore).
6. Immortal transformation and telomerase reactivation of human mammary epithelial cells in culture (P. Yaswen, M. Stampfer).
7. Telomerase, DNA damage and apoptosis (M.P. Mattson, Weiming Fu, Peisu Zhang).
8. The telomerase knockout mouse (M.A. Blasco).
9. Telomerase in brain development and neurodegenerative disorders (M.P. Mattson, M. Rao, Weiming Fu, W. Klapper).
10. The role of telomerase and telomerase in aging and longevity determination (L. Hayflick).