- The only book to cover the principles of off-road vehicle and terrain engineering, a rapidly developing sector that includes SUVs, tractors and agricultural vehicles, military vehicles, and construction equipment
- Covers the latest developments in the field, including the latest computer-aided methods employed in the development of new generation of high-mobility off-road vehicles in Europe, North America and Asia.
- Ideal for professional reference and course reference by students, with new detailed worked design examples, case studies, and accompanying problems and solutions.
2. Modelling of Terrain Behaviour
3. Measurement of Terrain Properties
4. Characterization of the Response of Terrains to Normal and Repetitive Loadings
5. Characterization of the Shearing Behaviour of Terrains
6. Performance of Off-Road Vehicles
7. Methods for Evaluating Tracked Vehicle Performance
8. Computer-Aided Method NTVPM for Evaluating the Performance of Vehicles with Flexible Tracks
9. Applications of the Computer-Aided Method NTVPM to Parametric Analysis of Vehicles with Flexible Tracks
10. Computer-Aided Method RTVPM for Evaluating the Performance of Vehicles with Long-pitch Link Tracks
11. Methods for Evaluating Wheeled Vehicle Performance
12. Computer-Aided Method NWVPM for Evaluating the Performance of Tyres and Wheeled Vehicles