The AIDS Pandemic explores the ways in which HIV/AIDS has, and continues to transform the wide range of related disciplines it touches. Novel perspectives are provided by a unique panel of internationally recognised experts who cover the unprecedented impact onf AIDS on culture, demographics and politics around the world, including how it affected the worlds' economy, health sciences, epidemiology and public health. This important far- reaching analysis uses the lessons learned from a wide array of disciplines to help us understand the current status and evolution of the pandemic, as it continues to evolve.
* Unique and timely presentation of new theories and perspectives
* Concentrates on the changes that have taken place in a broad array of related disciplines
* Provides key contextual information, for those new to the field or at interface areas between disciplines
* Includes an international focus on evolving African and Asian experiences
* Focuses on the current strategies for developing vaccines and microbicides
* Outlines harm reduction and prevention programs
* Explores issues related to delivery of life-saving AIDS medications in resource-constrained environments
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Immunology in the Era of HIV/AIDS
The Public Health Response to HIV/AIDS: What have we learned?
AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention and Control
HIV Treatment Meets Prevention: Antiretroviral Therapy as Prophylaxis
Challenges in Developing HIV Vaccines
AIDS Behavioural Prevention: Unprecedented Progress and Emerging Challenges
The Evolution of Comprehensive AIDS Clinical Care
The Ever-Changing Face of AIDS: Implications for Patient Care
Expanding Global Access to ARVs: The Challenges of Prices and Patents
The African Experience
Asia: Health Meets Human Rights
How HIV/AIDS Changed Gay Life in America: And What Others Can Learn from Our Experience
Management of HIV/AIDS in Correctional Settings
Medical Ethics and the Law