This series, since its first volume in 1960 and now the oldest series still being published, covers new developments in computer technology. Each volume contains from 5 to 7 chapters and 3 volumes are produced annually. Most chapters present an overview of a current subfield within computer science, include many citations, and often new developments in the field by the authors of the individual chapters. Topics include hardware, software, web technology, communications, theoretical underpinnings of computing, and novel applications of computers. The book series is a valuable addition to university courses that emphasize the topics under discussion in that particular volume as well as belonging on the bookshelf of industrial practitioners who need to implement many of the technologies that are described.
- In-depth surveys and tutorials on new computer technology
- Well-known authors and researchers in the field
- Extensive bibliographies with most chapters
- Many of the volumes are devoted to single themes or subfields of computer science
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
XinyuanWang and Ruishan Zhang
- Phone-to-Phone Configuration for Internet Telephony
- SLAM for Pedestrians and Ultrasonic Landmarks in Emergency Response Scenarios
Carl Fischer, Kavitha Muthukrishnan, and Mike Hazas
- Feeling bluetooth
From a security perspective
- Digital Feudalism: Enclosures and Erasures from Digital Rights Management to the Digital Divide
Sascha D. Meinrath, James W. Losey, and Victor W. Pickard
- Online Advertising
Avi Goldfarb and Catherine Tucker