Key topics, concepts, and techniques include: the assignment of simple spectra, basic experimental techniques, definition of Born-Oppenheimer and angular momentum basis sets and the associated spectroscopic energy level patterns (Hund's cases), construction of effective Hamiltonian matrices to represent both spectra and dynamics, terms neglected in the Born-Oppenheimer approximation (situations intermediate between Hund's cases, spectroscopic perturbations), nonlinear least squares fitting, calculation and interpretation of coupling terms, semi-classical (WKB) approximation, transition intensities and interference effects, direct photofragmentation (dissociation and ionization) and indirect photofragmentation (predissociation and autoionization) processes, visualization of intramolecular dynamics, quantum beats and wavepackets, treatment of decaying quasi-eigenstates using a complex Heff model, and concluding with some examples of polyatomic molecule dynamics.
Students will discover that there is a fascinating world of cause-and-effect localized dynamics concealed beyond the reduction of spectra to archival molecular constants and the exact ab initio computation of molecular properties. Professional spectroscopists, kinetics, ab initio theorists will appreciate the practical, simplified-model, and rigorous theoretical approaches discussed in this book.
. A fundamental reference for all spectra of small, gas-phase molecules.
. It is the most up-to-date and comprehensive book on the electronic spectroscopy and dynamics of diatomic molecules.
. The authors pioneered the development of many of the experimental methods, concepts, models, and computational schemes described in this book.
- A fundamental reference for all spectra of small, gas-phase molecules.
- It is the most up-to-date and comprehensive book on the electronic spectroscopy and dynamics of diatomic molecules.
- The authors pioneered the development of many of the experimental methods, concepts, models, and computational schemes described in this book.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Basic Models.
3. Terms Neglected in the Born-Oppenheimer Approximation.
4. Methods of Deperturbation.
5. Interpretation of the Perturbation Matrix Elements.
6. Transition Intensities and Special Effects.
7. Photodissociation Dynamics.
8. Photoionization Dynamics.