This publication, unique in that it combines both theoretical and practical design aspects, including the latest results of research and development, provides detailed treatment of the theory and production of worm drives, as well as the overarching subject of production geometry of helicoidal surfaces.
Included are mathematical models for a number of practical applications; a description of dressing equipment required; treatment of inspection and measurement; the use of intelligent systems; worm gearing for power transmission; selection criteria.
- Covers theory and practice of the production and use of these common machine elements
- Ideal for researchers and engineers dealing with mechanical drives, gears and manufacturing
- The first single volume text in this diverse field
3.Production geometry of helicoidal surfaces having constant pitch; Production development of worm gears having arched profile: General kinematic and mathematical model and examination of production geometry of helicoid surfaces having constant pitch: Geometrical analysis of hobs used for manufacture of ring gears mating with cylindrical or conical worms. 4.General form of mathematical modelling required. 5.Grinding wheel dressing required; Equipment based on mechanical principle: General CNC operated equipment.
6.Inspection and measurement
7. Production of helicoid surfaces in intelligent systems; Production of helicoid surfaces: Intelligent automation design and production of worm gears: Measurement and inspection: Universal thread grinding machine.
8.Main featutures of worm gearing for powertransmission; Examination of mating in driving pairs: Main industrial features: Noise level in power transmission
9. Selection of appropriate worm gearing
Prof Illés Dudás is Chairman and Professor in the Department of Production Engineering at the University of Miskolc in Hungary, where he has held academic appointments since 1983. His specialism has been the application of scientific research to technology, but has also been involved in machine design aimed at the improvement in production efficiency.