Vast knowledge has been developed in the area of tunnelling in weak rocks over the years, and this book bridges an important gap by bringing all the information together for the benefit of the tunnelling Industry. In particular, tunnelling in poor conditions is a huge challenge for engineers and designers, and this book tackles all typical problems headon.
Topics covered include classification approach, design approaches for site-specific grounds, a new invention on shielded tunnel boring machine, case histories, tunnel mechanics, risk engineering and management culture.
- Based on extensive field research experiences in Himalayan region and Alps
- Exclusive chapters on tunnelling hazards, squeezing ground conditions (a full detailed case study), swelling ground conditions, critical state rock mechanics, etc.
- Supported by over 180 figures and 90 tables of data, and test examples (with solutions)
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Application Of Geophysics In Tunnelling And Site Survey Activities
3. Terzaghi's Rock Load Theory
4. Rock Mass Rating (RMR)
5. Rock Mass Quality Q
6. Rock Mass Number
7. Strength Of Discontinuities
8. Strength Enhancement Of Rock Mass Intunnels
9. New Austrian Tunnelling Method (NATM)
10. Norwegian Method Of Tunnelling (NMT)
11. Blasting For Tunnels And Roadways
12. Rock Bolting
13. Tunnelling Hazards
14. Tunnel Instrumentation
15. Tunnelling Machines
16. Rock Mass Quality For Tunnel Boring Machines (QTBM)
17. Metro Tunnels
18. Tunnelling In Swelling Rocks
19. Tunnelling Through Squeezing Ground Condition
20. Case History Of Tunnel In Squeezing Ground
21. Tunnels In Seismic Area
22. Rock Burst In Tunnels
23. Pressure Tunnels
25. Half Tunnels
26. Contractual Risk Sharing
27. Rate Of Tunnelling
28. Integrated Method Of Tunnelling
29. Critical State Rock Mechanics And Its Applications