The book is divided into three sections: dynamic solution, stress analysis, and frame analysis, with a total of nineteen chapters. The first chapter of each section offers an overview of the topic covered in that section. There is also an overview of the Inventor Simulation interface and its strengths, weaknesses, and workarounds. Furthermore, the book emphasizes the joint creation process and discusses in detail the unique and powerful parametric optimization function.
This book will be a useful learning tool for designers and engineers, and a source for applying simulation for faster production of better products.
- Get up to speed fast with real-life, step-by-step design problems-3 new to this edition!
- Discover how to convert CAD models to working digital prototypes, enabling you to enhance designs and simulate real-world performance without creating physical prototypes
- Learn all about the frame analysis environment-new to Autodesk Inventor Simulation 2011-and other key features of this powerful software, including modal analysis, assembly stress analysis, parametric optimization analysis, effective joint creation, and more
- Manipulate and experiment with design solutions from the book using datasets provided on the book's companion website ([external URL] and move seamlessly onto tackling your own design challenges with confidence
- New edition features enhanced coverage of key areas, including stress singularities, h-p convergence, curved elements, mechanism redundancies, FEA and simulation theory, with hand calculations, and more
1 An Introduction to Inventor Simulation 2 Design Problem 1: 90 Degree M16 Bolt Removal Tool 3 Design Problem 2: New Mechanism Design for Existing Bridge 4 Design Problem 3: New Mechanism Design for Transporter Ramp 5 Design Problem 4: Racing Car Engine Connecting Rod 6 Design Problem 5: Agricultural Spring Mechanism Design 7 Design Problem 6: Rotary Compressor Design 8 Design Problem 7: High Speed Bottle Transfer Unit 9 An Overview of Part and Assembly Stress Analysis 10 Design Problem 8: Structural Validation of Mounting Lugs 11 Design Problem 9: Structural Validation of Connecting Rod 12 Design Problem 10: Industrial Centrifugal Fans 13 Design Problem 11: Structural Design of Moving Bridge 14 Design Problem 12: Structural Validation of Trailer Chassis 15 Design Problem 13: Structural Optimization of a Lifting Mechanism 16 Design Problem 14: Modal Analysis of TV Camera Arm Attached to Helicopter 17 Frame Analysis Environment 18 Design Problem 15: Frame Analysis Using Content Centre Structures 19 Design Problem 16: Frame Analysis Using Frame Generator Structures
Wasim Younis is an Autodesk Simulation consultant with over 15 years' experience in the manufacturing sector and Director of VDS Solutions (www.vdssolutions.co.uk), a leading Autodesk Inventor Simulation training, support and consultancy provider. He is well known within Autodesk Inventor Simulation community worldwide and is a regular contributor of Simulation tips, tricks and articles to Experience Manufacturing, the magazine dedicated to Autodesk Inventor users.