* Includes insider tips from the perspective of the world's leading Web developers.
* Focuses on project management as it relates to e-commerce.
* Teaches you to organize and put together a team, develop goals, manage schedules and budgets, overcome pitfalls, maintain, evaluate and evolve a commercial Web presence.
* Includes an introduction to the key principles of Web project management and a case study of the Channel 5 Web site-a popular project managed by the author.
* Provides templates, via a companion Web site, that you can use to develop your own project documentation, a discussion forum, links to related sites, a glossary of terms, a database of useful white papers, and an Internet knowledge quiz.
Setting the Scene. Method: A Web Project Method; The Project Road Map; Work Stage 1: Project Clarification; Work Stage 2: Solution Definition; Work Stage 3: Project Specification; Work Stage 4: Content; Work Stage 5: Design and Construction; Work Stage 6: Testing, Launch, and Handover; Work Stage 7: Maintenance; Work Stage 8: Review and Evaluation. Case Study:
Reality Bytes. Appendix A Resources. Appendix B Recommended Reading. Index.
Ashley Friedlein is cofounder and CEO of e-consultancy (www.e-consultancy.com), an online and offline service for U.K. e-business professionals, providing access to the best e-business information and advice. Previously, he was lead strategist and senior producer at Wheel, where he successfully managed the development, delivery, and ongoing maintenance of several major Internet sites, in particular those for media owners. Ashley comes from a background in digital media production, having worked at Pearson and Bloomberg and with the major U.K. broadcasters. He is the author of Web Project Management: Delivering Successful Commercial Web Sites (2001).