How to Build a Thriving Fee-for-Service Practice guides you from your ideal practice vision through the "how-to" steps to succeed. You will learn that a private practice is, in effect, a small business. Chapters contain solid training to help you not only to survive, but also to thrive in a highly competitive market place. Examples, worksheets, business forms, flow charts, paper and pen exercises, and even assignments in the "real world," expose you to essential materials and ideas.
Coverage includes surveying the needs of one's community, capitalizing on unusual market niches, marketing ideas to build one's practice, creating brochures, widening one's scope and expertise through public speaking, seminars, workshops, and writing, analyzing financial data and projections, tracking client information, and more.
* Contains foreword by American Psychological Association President Dr. Patrick DeLeon
* Provides a crash course in business management for therapists
* Includes examples, worksheets, business forms, and exercises
* Supplies tools for bypassing restrictions of managed care
* Suitable for newly licensed therapists and seasoned professionals
Written by a licensed therapist with over 19 years of experience in private practice, this book is a much-needed reference for mental health practitioners pursuing fee-for-service practice.
- Learn solid training to not only survive, but thrive, in private practice today- Go from your ideal practice vision through the "how-to" steps to succeed.- Mobilize yourself into action!- Market your clinical specialty to attract more cash clients- Learn how to set realistic practice goals, and track your progress- Regain your autonomy, income and career satisfaction- Lean how to communicate the value of your services to the public- Learn how to give powerful workshops and speaking engagements and write effective community articles- Turn your specialty into a market niche- Use the media as a vehicle to give psychology away and gain visibility- Learn the skills that have never been taught in graduate school--until now- Lay the foundation for your practice that builds momentum- Attract new clients through seminars, speaking engagements and published articles- Build a dynamic referral base- Re-ignite the passion for your career and love what you do for a living- Make your practice adaptive, challenging and enjoyable for the rest of your career
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
About the Author.
Private Practice in Transition.
Choosing a Strategic Specialty.
Developing Your Marketing Plans.
How To Do Seminars, Workshops, Writing, and Large-Scale Projects.
Giving Psychology Away.
Anatomy of a Small Business.
Starting a New Office or Relocating.
Practice Management Tracking and Statistics.
Motivational Blocks to Private Success.
Laurie Kolt, Ph.D., is an award-winning and nationally respected practice-building consultant. She is a frequently invited presenter for continuing education workshops, seminars, and keynote addresses for national, state, and local therapy organizations.The author of numerous training manuals, she has written over 100 articles on practice development and goal setting. Her work has also been featured in the APA Monitor, Psychotherapy Finances, The APA Independent Practitioner, ACA's Counseling Today, The APA Division of Psychotherapy Bulletin, Practice Management Monthly, and the San Diego Daily Transcript.Dr. Kolt strives to be accessible to individual practitioners. She distributes a practice newsletter, provides training through her website at http://www.kolt.com. and works one-on-one with clinicians across the country.Dr. Kolt has a thriving practice in San Diego, California, and has been in private practice for 19 years. She is a clinical and organizational/industrial psychologist, marriage and family therapist, and career development researcher. Through her consulting firm, Kolt Consulting, she has been instrumental in building practices across 43 states and 4 countries.