This book is written with the IT professional in mind. It provides a clear, concise system for managing IT projects, regardless of the size or complexity of the project. It avoids the jargon and complexity of traditional project management (PM) books. Instead, it provides a unique approach to IT project management, combining strategic business concepts (project ROI, strategic alignment, etc.) with the very practical, step-by-step instructions for developing and managing a successful IT project. It's short enough to be easily read and used but long enough to be comprehensive in the right places.
* Essential information on how to provide a clear, concise system for managing IT projects, regardless of the size or complexity of the project
* As IT jobs are outsourced, there is a growing demand for project managers to manage outsourced IT projects
* Companion Web site for the book provides dozens of working templates to help readers manage their own IT projects
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Aligning IT Projects with Corporate Strategy
3. Navigating Corporate Politics
4. Defining and Organizing IT Projects
5. Planning IT Projects
6. Understanding IT Project Budgets
7. Developing Realistic IT Project Schedules
8. Managing Issues, Changes and Risks in IT Projects 9. Communication Strategies for IT Projects
10. Closing Out IT Projects
Susan Snedaker, currently Director of IT and Information Security Officer at a large community hospital in Arizona, which has achieved HIMSS Analytics Stage 7 (EMR) certification and has been voted 100 Most Wired Hospitals two years in a row. Susan has over 20 years' experience working in IT in both technical and executive positions including with Microsoft, Honeywell, and VirtualTeam Consulting. Her experience in executive roles has honed her extensive strategic and operational experience in managing data centers, core infrastructure, hardware, software and IT projects involving both small and large teams. Susan holds a Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) and a Bachelors degree in Management. She is a Certified Professional in Healthcare Information Management Systems (CPHIMS), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), and was previously certified as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). Susan also holds a certificate in Advanced Project Management from Stanford University and an Executive Certificate in International Management from Thunderbird University's Garvin School of International Management. She is the author of six books and numerous chapters on a variety of technical and IT subjects.