- The reader will get insight into the importance and role of hysteresis in magnetism; In particular, he will learn:
- which are the fingerprints of hysteresis in magnetism
- which are the situations in which hysteresis may appear
- how to describe mathematically these situations
- how to apply these descriptions to magnetic materials
- how to interpret and predict magnetic hysteresis phenomena observed experimentally
Giorgio Bertotti is a senior scientist at INRIM, Istituto Nazionale di Ricerca Metrologica (previously known as IEN Galileo Ferraris), in Torino, Italy, where he has been a researcher since 1979. His research interests are in the field of magnetism and magnetic materials, hysteresis modeling, thermodynamics, noise phenomena. He is author of more than 200 scientific articles and of the book "Hysteresis in Magnetism".