The book has been written around six main themes:
1. Understanding innovation as a business process and how it has developed through history.
2. For a manager it is essential to appreciate the fundamental difference between inside- and outside-the-box innovation; each one needs its own specific management process.
3. The main roles of the innovation manager are managing the innovation funnel, executing the innovation strategy and optimising the value of the innovation portfolio.
4. Entrepreneurship is the key resource in innovation and the right conditions have to be created for it to flourish in large companies.
5. The value of innovation can be assessed as an option value and in creating intellectual capital for the company.
6. Integrating sustainable development in the innovation process requires changes in the management process, in the assessment and valuation of innovation, and in the interaction with the stakeholders.
- Extremely practical book, based on hands-on experience and written to a high academic standard.
- Provides unique and novel perspectives into the innovation process.
- One of only a few titles that discuss how to manage the innovation process.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. The innovation spectrum.
3. Managing innovation.
4. Innovation and entrepreneurship.
5. The value of innovation.
6. Sustainable innovation.
7. Innovation and the CEO.
Jan Verloop is consultant in innovation. Besides innovation he has extensive experience in process and product R&D. He advises both start-up and multinationals in Europe, Asia, and America and has built up first-hand experience with successful and failed innovation projects. He is a non-executive director of Oxford Catalysts, a very successful start-up company which started in the cellars of Oxford University and now has facilities in the UK and the USA. He has lectured and advised on innovation in developing countries at major international conferences and smaller think-tanking sessions with heads of state and leaders in government and business.