This book will be of value to students and young researchers who are new to separation science and technology, as well as to scientists and engineers involved in the research and development of separation technologies, LM separations, and membrane reactors.
- Provides comprehensive knowledge-based information on the principles and applications of a variety of liquid membrane separation processes.
- Contains a critical analysis of new technologies published in the last 15 years.
- Introduction, General Description, Definitions and classification. Overview.
- Carrier-facilitated coupled transport through liquid membranes: general theoretical considerations and influencing factors
- Supported liquid membranes and their modifications. Definition, classification, theory, stability, application and perspectives
- Emulsion liquid membranes: definitions and classification, theories, module design, applications, new directions and perspectives
- Bulk hybrid liquid membrane processes with organic water-immiscible carriers (BOHLM). Application in chemical, biochemical, pharmaceutical and gas separations
- Bulk hybrid liquid membrane processes with water-soluble (BAHLM) carriers. Application in chemical and biochemical separations
- Liquid Membrane in gas separations- Application of liquid membranes in wastewater treatment- Progress in liquid membrane science and engineering