- Addresses the frontiers of research with original ideas and results
- Includes sophisticated, successful applications to scientific and engineering problems
- Covers polynomial system solving, geometric reasoning, computer algebra, and mathematical software
- Is comprehensive and focused
- Contains an extensive bibliography--of high reference value--particularly for western readers
Dongming Wang has been a senior researcher at CNRS since 1992. He is recognized for his work and expertise on automated geometric reasoning, elimination methods, and applications of symbolic computation to differential equations and neural networks.
Xiao-Shan Gao received his Ph.D. from Academia Sinica in 1988 and worked as a research scientist at the University of Texas at austin from 1988 to 1990, and at Wichita State University from 1992 to 1996. He has been a research professor at Academia Sinica since 1997. His major research interests include automated geometric reasoning, polynomial system and geometric constraint solving, and intelligent computer-aided design and instruction.