- Provides state-of-the-art information on a field with broad implications to many areas of biology
- Includes detailed coverage of the structure and regulation of all major matrix metalloproteinases
- Chapters focus on a timely and expanding field
- Topics have direct relevance to understanding human disease pathology of cancer, arthritis, and vascular disease
- Discusses latest strategies used in the development of new therapeutics to inhibit metalloproteinase activity
The Matrix Metalloproteinase Family, J.F. Woessner, Jr..
Interstitial Collagenases, J.J. Jeffrey.
Stromelysins 1 and 2, H. Nagase.
72-kDa Gelatinase (Gelatinase A): Structure, Activation, Regulation, and Substrate Specificity, A.E. Yu, A.N. Murphy and W.G. Stetler-Stevenson.
Gelatinase B: Structure, Regulation, and Function, T.H. Vu and Z. Werb.
Matrilysin, C.L. Wilson and L.M. Matrisian.
Macrophage Elastase (MMP-12), S.D. Shapiro and R.M. Senior.
Membrane-Type Matrix Metalloproteinases and Cell Surface-Associated Activation Cascades for Matrix Metalloproteinases, V. Knauper and G. Murphy.
Substrate Specificity and Mechanism of Substrate Recognition of the Matrix Metalloproteinases, V. Imper and H.E. Van Wart.
Synthetic Inhibitors of Matrix Metalloproteinases, P.D. Brown.
Matrix Metalloproteinases in Tissue Repair, W.C. Parks, B.D. Sudbeck, G.R. Doyle and U.K. Saariahlo-Kere.
Regulation of Matrix Metalloproteinase Gene Expression, M.E. Fini, J.R. Cook, R. Mohan and C.E. Brinckerhoff.