A comprehensive description of the science and applications of the undercooling phenomenon is given. It is composed of several main parts: experimental techniques for undercooling; characterization of the undercooled melt as the first step in rapid solidification; introducing the concepts of modern theories of rapid dendrite and eutectic growth and their comparison with experimental results, and a survey of metastable materials formed from the non-equilibrium state of an undercooled melt.
* Showing clear links to possible application of results obtained from basic research
* The subject matter is multidisciplinary and will be of interest to material scientists, physicists, physical chemists, mechanical and electrical engineers
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Experimental Approach To High Undercoolings
3. Physics Of Undercooled Liquid
4. Solid-Liquid Interface
6. Crystal Growth In Undercooled Melts
7. Cooperative Growth In Undercooled Polyphase Alloys
8. Metastable Solid States And Phases
9. Microstructure Selection Maps
10. Experiments In Reduced Gravity
11. Summary And Conclusions