Microarrays is an invaluable laboratory manual for anyone conducting experiments in the field of molecular biology or medical biochemistry who needs to understand and use microarray technologies. These technologies are especially appropriate in genome analysis, diagnostics, and studies involving differential gene expression.
Providing straightforward explanations, the authors demonstrate proven methods for biochip application and an overview of presently available instruments, biochips, and software. Chapters cover the different requirements for DNA and protein chips, as well as spotters and scanners. The book also covers high throughput screening, patent research, and the minimum requirements for setting up or expanding a microarray laboratory.
- Covers microarray applications, technology, and execution
- Written in an approachable yet informative tone
- Includes more than 100 detailed figures and graphs
- Examines the history of microarrays and their future potential
- Defines key terms from related disciplines
- Contains a full chapter on the importance of database research and patents
- Describes how to develop or improve one's own microarray laboratory
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
5. Instrumentation and Software
6. Execution of the Microarray Experiment
7. High Throughput Screening
8. Prospects for the Future