This volume in the new Elsevier book series Studies in Multidisciplinarity includes major topics on the structure and function of models, the debates over scientific realism, explanation through analogical modeling, a metaphysics for physics, the rationale for experimentation, and modeling in social encounters.
* A multidisciplinary work of sweeping scope about the nature of science
* Revolutionary interpretation that challenges conventional wisdom about the character of scientific thinking
* Profound insights about fundamental challenges to contemporary physics
* Brilliant discoveries into the nature of social interaction and human identity
* Presents a rational conception of methods for acquiring knowledge of remote regions of the world
* Written by one of the great thinkers of our time.