- Features the most up-to-date scientific methods behind the medical management of parasitic diseases- Applies the most current synthesis of molecular biology and biochemistry to parasitic organisms- Contains many informative figures and clear illustrations
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- RNA editing and processing
- Post-transcriptional gene regulation
- Genetic approaches to analysis of virulence
- Protozoa and Helminth energy metabolism
- Trypanosomatid surface carbohydrates
- Plastids, mitochondria and hydrogenosomes
- Drug resistance in parasites
- Medical implications of molecular parasitology
Dr. J. J. Marr has held positions in academic medicine and biochemistry; as Director of Divisions of Infectious Diseases; Vice Chairman, Department of Medicine; and Professor of Medicine, Biochemistry and Microbiology at Washington University, St. Louis University and the University of Colorado. Subsequently, he was Senior Vice Presidnt for Drug Discovery at Searle Pharmaceuticals, acted as a consultant to the National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization, and now holds the position of Vice President for Research and Development/Chief Scientific Officer, Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Nilsen, Tim W.
Komuniecki, Richard W.