- Covers PHP as it relates to developing software in a multi-tier environment-a crucial aspect of developing robust software with low cost and ease of use as design goals.
- Makes extensive use of Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Web Services as implemented in PHP and NuSOAP.
- Shows precisely how to make use of the InnoDB table type newly available in MySQL. InnoDB supports true referential integrity and row-level locking.
- An application example (a multi-currency bookkeeping application) runs throughout the book, showing various PHP capabilities as well as the database interaction.
2. Designing a Multi-Tier Application in PHP
3. Object-Orientation in PHP.
4. HTTP in PHP.
5. SOAP in PHP.
6. The Accessor Layer: Setting Up the Back End.
7. The Persistence Layer.
8. The Business Logic Layer
9. The Presentation Layer
10. The Elsewhere Layer