* Provides an update on previously published literature on nitric oxide chemistry
* Contains chapters on reagents for nitrosation, nitrosation at nitrogen, aliphatic and aromatic carbon, oxygen, sulfur and metal centres
* Looks at hot research topics such as synthesis, properties and reactions of s-nitrosothiols
2. Nitrosation at nitrogen centres.
3. The reactions of N-nitrosamines and related compounds.
4. Aliphatic and alicyclic C-nitrosation.
5. Aromatic C-nitrosation.
8. Synthesis, properties and reactions of S-nitrosothiols.
9. Nitrosation involving metal-nitrosyl complexes.
10. The biological chemistry of nitric oxide.
11. Nitric oxide in biological systems.
12. Nitric oxide-releasing compounds (NO donors).
13. Nitroxyl (HNO) and the nitroxyl a.