- Contains extensive use of analytical techniques for the solution of nonlinear problems of electromagnetic field diffusion
- Simple analytical formulas for surface impedances of nonlinear and hysteretic media
- Analysis of nonlinear diffusion for linear, circular and elliptical polarizations of electromagnetic fields
- Novel and extensive analysis of eddy current losses in steel laminations for unidirectional and rotating magnetic fields
- Preisach approach to the modeling of eddy current hysteresis and superconducting hysteresis
- Extensive study of nonlinear diffusion in superconductors with gradual resistive transitions (scalar and vertorial problems)
Prof. Mayergoyz received his Master and Ph.D. degrees in the former Soviet Union where he worked as a senior research scientist in the Institute of Cybernetics of Ukranian Academy of Sciences before his emigration to the United States. On his arrival to the United States in 1980, he became a full professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of University of Maryland, College Park. He served as a consultant for many years for the Research and Development Center of General Electric Company and has been selected as a visiting research fellow of this center. He has published more than 300 scientific papers and patents as well as eight scientific books. He has been recognized by many awards at the University of Maryland and at the Magnetics Society of IEEE. He is a recognized authority in magnetics which is the area of this book.