The second edition of this book is a self-contained introduction to computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It covers the fundamentals of the subject and is ideal as a text or a comprehensive reference to CFD theory and practice.
- New approach takes readers seamlessly from first principles to more advanced and applied topics.
- Presents the essential components of a simulation system at a level suitable for those coming into contact with CFD for the first time, and is ideal for those who need a comprehensive refresher on the fundamentals of CFD.
- Enhanced pedagogy features chapter objectives, hands-on practice examples and end of chapter exercises.
- Extended coverage of finite difference, finite volume and finite element methods.
- New chapters include an introduction to grid properties and the use of grids in practice.
- Includes material on 2-D inviscid, potential and Euler flows, 2-D viscous flows and Navier-Stokes flows to enable the reader to develop basic CFD simulations.
- Includes best practice guidelines for applying existing commercial or shareware CFD tools.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Introduction: An Initial Guide to CFD and to this Volume
Part I The Mathematical Models for Fluid Flow Simulations at Various Levels of Approximation
1 the Basic Equations of Fluid Dynamics
2 The Dynamical Levels of Approximation
3 The Mathematical Nature of the Flow Equations and Their Boundary Conditions
Part II Basic Discretization Techniques
4 The Finite Difference Method for Structured Grids
5 Finite Volume Method and Conservative Discretization with an Introduction to Finite Element Method
6 Structured and Unstructured Grid Properties
Part III The Analysis of Numerical Schemes
7 Consistency, Stability and Error Analysis of Numerical Schemes
8 General Properties and High-Resolution Numerical Schemes
Part IV The Resolution of Numerical Schemes
9 Time Integration Methods for Space-discretized Equations
10 Iterative Methods for the Resolution of Algebraic Systems
Part V Applications to Inviscid and Viscous Flows
11 Numerical Simulation of Inviscid Flows
12 Numerical Solutions of Viscous Laminar Flows