tools to aid in the management of groundwater. Drawn from the operations research literature, this book combines methods for optimization techniques to numerical models for the simulation of groundwater flow. The resulting management model provides a valuable tool for optimizing performance of groundwater systems. This volume will fill a significant gap in the technical literature on groundwater modeling and management.
- Provides a thorough description of the mathematics underlying the method and a step-by-step introduction to practical application
- Introduces key concepts using an example continued throughout the book
- Contains MODOFC software package and associated documentation that implements many of the methods described in the book
- Details advanced topics, including nonlinear and integer problem elements and interpretation of management model results
- Each chapter ends with a summary of selected references and brief histories of the methodologies presented in the book