The serotonin 5-HT6 receptor represents a novel pharmacological target whose impact on physiopathology of CNS functions remains undetermined. Some receptor antagonists have been synthesized and they show a modulatory role in learning and memory processes and food intake. The pharmacology of 5-HT6 receptor agonists is still under evaluation. However, both 5-HT6 antagonists and agonists seem to exert potential antidepressant activity. Recently, a second messenger system has been discovered. 5-HT6 receptor function is becoming more and more intriguing. Thus, the aim of the present book is to try to clarify the pharmacology of 5-HT6 receptors.
- Written by expert researchers
- Covers all published literature to date in the field of 5-HT6 receptors
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- 5-HT6 Medicinal Chemistry
Kevin G. Liu and Albert J. Robichaud
Nicolas Vincent Ruiz and Gloria Oranias
- 5-HT6 Receptor Charactertization
- 5-HT6 receptor signal transduction. Second Messenger Systems
Xavier Codony, Javier Burgueño, Maria Javier Ramírez, José Miguel Vela
- Electrophysiology of 5-HT6 Receptors
Annalisa Tassone, Graziella Madeo, Giuseppe Sciamanna, Antonio Pisani, and Paola Bonsi
- Genetic Variations and Association
Massimo Gennarelli and Annamaria Cattaneo
- Pharmacokinetics of 5-HT6 Receptors Ligands