- Covers the modern techniques involved in detection and measurement of radiation and the underlying physical principles- Illustrates theoretical and practical details with an abundance of practical, worked-out examples- Provides practice problems at the end of each chapter
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Interaction of Radiation with Matter
3. Gas Filled Detectors
4. Liquid Filled Detectors
5. Solid State Detectors
6. Scintillation Detectors and Photodetectors
7. Position Sensitive Detection and Imaging
8. Signal Processing
9. Essential Statistics for Data Analysis
10. Software for Data Analysis
11. Radiation Dosimetry
12. Radiation Spectroscopy
13. Data Acquisition Systems
Essential Electronic Measuring Devices
Dr. Ahmed has several years of extensive practical experience in the field of radiation detection and measurement. He holds degrees of Masters in Physics, Masters in Nuclear Engineering, and PhD in Physics. He has heavily contributed to research and development in some of the world renowned Physics laboratories, such as Max-Planck-Institute for Physics in Germany, Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in USA, and Sudbury Neutrino Observatory in Canada. Particle/radiation detection and measurement are his primary areas of expertise. Currently he is working at Laurentian University/Penguin ASI Inc. as a Senior Research Scientist. Apart from research and development, Dr. Ahmed also teaches in the Physics department of Laurentian University.
Dr. Ahmed is a Chartered Scientist and a Chartered Physicist of the Institute of Physics, UK. He holds memberships of the Institute of Physics, UK, the Canadian Association of Physicists, and the Institute of Particle Physics, Canada.