Platelet Protocols fills the need for a straightforward and comprehensive laboratory manual on current procedures for evaluating and analyzing platelet function and abnormalities. It is an easy-to-read, understandable resource which can be kept at the bench and referred to frequently by scientists, clinicians, and laboratory staff involved in platelet related areas. Topics range from the basics of anticoagulants to the latest developments in platelet testing.
- A basic introduction to platelet anatomy and physiology
- Testing procedures for new anti-platelet therapies
- Descriptions of platelet function abnormalities
- Therapeutic approaches to inhibition of platelet function
- Step-by-step methodologies with clear explanations
- Helpful appendixes of recipes, instructions, sources of reagents, and more
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Platelets in Hemostasis.
Membrane Surface Proteins.
Events Associated with Platelet Aggregation.
Laboratory Evaluation of Platelet Function:
Drawing and Processing Blood for Platelet Aggregation.
Platelet Aggregation and Secretion.
Functional Abnormalities of Platelets:
Storage Pool Disorders.
Von Willebrand's Disease.
Bernard Soulier Syndrome.
Bleeding Time Prolongation.
Therapeutic Approaches to Inhibition of Platelet Function and Pharmacodynamic Evaluations:
Other Anti-Platelet Therapies.
Drugs That May Affect Platelet Function.
Recipes for Citrate Based Anticoagulants.
Inhibitors Used in Platelet Techniques.
Cytoskeletal Preparation and Recipes.
Western Blots of Acrylamide Gels Gell and Blot Recipes.
Staining of Platelets for Flow Cytometric Analysis.