Practical Machinery Safety aims to provide you with the knowledge to tackle machinery safety control problems at a practical level whilst achieving compliance with national and international standards.
The book highlights the major international standards that are used to support compliance with EU regulations and uses these standards as a basis for the design procedures. It looks at the risk assessment processes used to identify hazards and to quantify the risks inherent in a machine. It introduces the concepts of safety categories as defined by standard EN954-1 (Safety of Machinery) and illustrates the principles of failsafe design, fault tolerance and self-testing.
It also provides an introduction to machinery protection devices such as guards, enclosures with interlocks and guard-monitoring relays, locking systems, safety mats, photo-electric and electro-sensitive principles and the application of light curtains, a study of Safety Control System techniques, and introduces the principles of safety-certified PLCs.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Guide to Regulations and Standards
3. Risk assessment and risk reduction
4. Design procedures for safety controls
5. Emergency-stop monitoring and the safety relay
6. Sensors and devices for machinery protection
7. Application Guidelines for Protection Devices
8. Programmable Systems for Safety Controls
9. Introduction to Standards for Programmable Systems
Appendix A: Reference and sources of information on machinery safety
Appendix B: Glossary
Appendix C: Notes on tolerable risk
Appendix D: Notes on PUWER.
Appendix E: Guide to fault-tree analysis
Answers to practical exercises