The Asian Polyolefin Workshop (APO) was planned to provide a venue for Asian scientists and engineers identifying and exploring the areas of common interests.
The workshop was held in Nara on December 7th-9th, 2005, with more than 100 participants from China, Israel, India, Japan, Korea, Russia, Spain and Thailand. The following research topics were covered with 34 oral and 37 poster presentations;
1) Heterogeneous olefin polymerization catalysts
Traditional Ziegler-Natta, Phillips, heterogenized metallocene
and post metallocenes
2) Homogeneous olefin polymerization catalysts
Traditional Ziegler-Natta, metallocene and post metallocenes
3) Precise synthesis of new polyolefins
4) Structure and properties of polyolefins
5) Engineering aspects of olefin polymerization
* Presents the latest proceedings on polyolefin technology
* The first book contributed by almost all the distinguished scientists in Asian countries
* Contains papers not only from academia but also from industry
Creation of New Polyolefin Hybrids on the Surface of Molded Polypropylene Sheet (S. Matsuo et al.).
Japanese National Project for the Innovation of Industrial Polypropylene Process Technology (M. Teranoa et al.).
Microstructure Characterization of Polyolefins. TREF and CRYSTAF (B. Monrabal).
Norbornene and Ethylene Polymerization with Palladium and Nickel Complexes with Potentially Tri-or Tetradentate Ligands (D.W. Lee et al.).
Stereoerrors Formation in the Polymerization of Deuterated Propylene (V. Volkis et al.).
Ethylene Polymerization with an Anilinonaphthoquinone-Ligated Nickel Complex (M. Okada et al.).
Synthesis of Polymeric Radical Scavengers via ROMP of Norbornene Derivatives and Their Antioxidation Activities (K. Horikawa et al.).
Effects of Silica Particles on the Transparency of Polypropylene Based Nanocomposites (Kazuo Asuka et al.).