- Relevant theory is explained in an easy to understand, conversational style.
- Actual spectroscopic data and calibrations are used throughout the book to show how real world calibrations are achieved.
- The complexities of Factor Analysis (PCR/PLS) algorithms are explained in pictures and words, making them understandable for all.
- Written from a spectroscopic rather than a mathematical point of view.
- Relevant theory is interspersed with practical discussions in order to make difficult concepts easier to comprehend
- It is a comprehensive introduction for novices, and an excellent reference for experts.
- Topics on spectroscopy are included to emphasize its importance in quantitative spectroscopy
Chapter 2. Single Analyte Analysis
Chapter 3. Multiple Components I: Least Squares Methods
Chapter 4. Multiple Components II: Chemometric Methods & Factor Analysis
Chapter 5. Implementing, Maintaining, and Fixing Calibrations