With the industry not facing much of the brunt from the global economic recession, the Indian biotechnology industry has been gathering investment and is benefitting from the cost cutting efforts ongoing in many developed countries.
With the diverse flora and fauna that India has, along with the large gene pool and ideal climate, the biotechnology market in India is progressing well, supported by favorable regulations by the Government of India.
Taiyou Research analyzes the potential of the Indian Biotechnology Industry in its research report Biotechnology market in India.
The report covers the following:
- A complete coverage of the global biotechnology market including industry definition, market profile, market statistics, industry performance, market segmentation, competition in the industry, global financing for biotechnology, and a future perspective.
- We analyze buyer power, supplier power, market entry, industry rivalry and presence of substitutes in keeping with Michael Porter's five forces framework analysis.
- Moving to the analysis of the biotechnology market in India, we analyze the industry through a market profile, impact of the economic recession on the market, investment in the industry, and biotech companies in India.
- Major tie-ups in the recent years are looked at, along with the issue of Bt Brinjal that rocked the industry recently. The growth of stem cell research and biosimilars is analyzed.
- We carry out a segmented analysis of the industry through the following segments: biopharmaceuticals, bioservices, bioagri, bioindustrial, and bioinformatics.
- The Indian biotechnology industry has gotten a lot of support from the government in the recent years and we analyze the regulatory reforms that has accelerated the growth of the industry, government and state-level initiatives driving the industry forward, and the intellectual regime in India and its impact on the biotech industry.
- Emerging business models in the biotechnology industry in India are analyzed, along with industry strategies such as public-private partnerships.
- A Michael Porter's Five Forces analysis is carried out on the Indian biotechnology industry, wherein we analyze the buyers' power in the market, suppliers' power, rivalry among competitors, threat of new entrants in the market, and the threat of substitutes.
- Generic drugs have a big role to play in the Indian biotech market and we analyze that through a section on the role of biogenerics in India as well as the impact of generic drugs on the Indian biotech industry.
- With the growth of the industry, the concept of biotech parks has become popular in India and we take a look at this through the profile of the Genome Valley.
- Major players analyzed in the Biotechnology Market in India include Aurobindo Pharma Limited, Bharat Biotech, Biocon, Dr. Reddy's, Jubilant Life Sciences, Novo Nordisk, Piramal Healthcare, Reliance Life Sciences, Wockhardt, Stempeutics Research, and many others.
- An analysis of the future of the industry along with the opportunities in the sector completes this cutting-edge research analysis.
Taiyou Research’s analysis of the Biotechnology Market in India offers a comprehensive and strategic analysis of this industry from an investment point of view.
2. Profile of the Global Biotechnology Industry
2.1 Industry Definition
2.2 Market Profile
2.3 Market Statistics
2.4 Industry Performance
2.5 Market Segmentation
2.6 Competitive Landscape
2.7 Global Financing
2.8 Global Direct Investments
2.9 Buyer Power
2.10 Supplier Power
2.11 Market Entry
2.12 Rivalry in the Industry
2.13 Presence of Substitutes
2.14 Global Biotechnology Market: Future Perspective
3. Biotechnology Market in India
3.1 Market Profile
3.2 Impact of the Economic Recession on India’s Biotech Industry
3.3 Investment in India’s Biotechnology Market
3.3.1 Major Investments
3.4 Investment in Research and Infrastructure
3.5 Biotech Companies in India
3.6 Major Tie-ups
3.7 Issue of Bt Brinjal
3.8 Growth in Stem Cell Research
3.9 Emergence of Biosimilars
4. Segment Analysis
4.3.1 Hybrid Seeds
4.3.2 Biopesticides and Biofertilizers
5. Regulatory Reforms Accelerating Growth of Biotech
5.2 Government Initiatives
5.2.1 State-level Initiatives
5.2.2 Andhra Pradesh
5.2.3 Tamil Nadu
5.2.6 Himachal Pradesh
5.3 Intellectual Property Regime in India and the Biotech Industry
6. Emerging Business Models
7. Industry Strategies
7.1 Public-Private Partnerships
7.2 Requirement of Higher Venture Capital Funding in India
7.3 Moving to a Higher Value Chain
7.4 Enhancing Biotech Applications
7.5 Lucrative Domestic Market
7.6 Development of Skilled Manpower
7.7 Shortage of Manpower
7.8 Relationship between Pharma and Biotech Sectors
7.9 Boosting North-South Collaborations
7.10 Requirement of Innovation in Funding Models
7.11 Cluster Development
8. India Biotechnology Market: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
8.1 Buyers'/Customers' Power
8.2 Suppliers' Power
8.3 Rivalry among Competitors
8.4 Threat of New Entrants
8.5 Threat of Substitutes
9. Generic Drugs and the Indian Biotech Industry
10. Emergence of Biogenerics in India
10.2 Biologics Manufacturing in India
10.3 Opportunities in the Market
10.4 Challenges Facing the Industry
10.5 Regulatory Issues
10.6 Market Outlook
11. Emergence of Biotech Parks
11.2 Genome Valley
12. Major Players
12.1 Aurobindo Pharma Limited
12.2 Bharat Biotech
12.3 Biocon Limited
12.4 Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
12.5 GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited
12.6 Indian Immunologicals Ltd
12.7 Jubilant Life Sciences Limited
12.8 Morepen Laboratories
12.9 Novo Nordisk
12.10 Panacea Biotec
12.11 Piramal Healthcare
12.12 Quintiles Transnational Corporation
12.13 Ranbaxy Laboratories (acquired by Daiichi Sankyo)
12.14 Rasi Seeds
12.15 Reliance Life Sciences
12.16 Serum Institute of India
12.17 Shantha Biotechnics (Part of Sanofi-Aventis Group)
12.18 Stempeutics Research
13. Future of the Indian Biotechnology Market
13.1 Market Outlook
13.2 Opportunities in the Sector
14.1 SWOT Analysis
14.2 Figures & Tables
- Bharat Biotech
- Biocon Limited
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Indian Immunologicals Ltd
- Jubilant Life Sciences Limited
- Morepen Laboratories
- Novo Nordisk
- Panacea Biotec
- Piramal Healthcare
- Quintiles Transnational Corporation
- Ranbaxy Laboratories (acquired by Daiichi Sankyo)
- Rasi Seeds
- Reliance Life Sciences
- Serum Institute of India
- Shantha Biotechnics (Part of Sanofi-Aventis Group)
- Stempeutics Research