Power consumption in India is going to increase in the coming years as the country's population increases exponentially and industrial growth is also expected to boom. With the construction industry at an all time high in the country, demand for power is increasing rapidly.
With a considerable market size and established competitive landscape, the Indian power sector is expected to have a moderate growth in the coming years.
In this industry scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Power Sector in India in its research offering India Power Sector. The report covers the following:
- Analysis of the global power sector in order to put the growth of India’s power sector in perspective.
- Analysis of the power sector in Asia Pacific, which puts in perspective the growth of India’s power sector as compared to other countries in the region.
- A SWOT analysis of the Indian power sector.
- Market profile of the industry that covers electricity tariffs, regulatory framework, market entry, power consumption and generation in the country, power transmission in India, legal framework, foreign investment policy and Indian tax levels..
- Competition in the industry is analyzed with a look at the major players.
- Major players are profiled along with an in-depth profile of National Thermal Power Corporation, Power Grid Corporation of India Limited, Reliance Infrastructure Ltd., National Hydro-Electric Power Corporation, and Nuclear Power Corporation of India. We analyze the companies through company overview, business segments, major products & services, and a SWOT analysis.
- Market forecast includes an outlook for the following: electricity transmission, electricity generation, gas use in power generation, oil-fired power generation, coal-fired power generation, nuclear energy, hydroelectricity, power generation from renewable energy, electricity tariffs, and a long term outlook for the sector.
- The Appendix looks at a SWOT analysis of the political and economic landscape in India.
Taiyou Research’s report on the India Power Sector is a comprehensive analysis of this sector.
2. Global Power Sector
3. Power Sector in Asia-Pacific
3.1 Market Profile
3.2 Market Outlook
4. India Power Sector SWOT Analysis
5. India Power Sector
5.1 Energy Demand in India
5.2 Power Generation Market in India
5.3 Power Consumption in India
5.4 Power Transmission in India
5.5 Electricity Pricing
5.6 Regulatory Framework & Market Structure
5.7 Legal Framework
5.8 Foreign Investment Policy
5.9 Tax Regime in India
6. Competition in the Industry
7. Major Players
7.1 National Thermal Power Corporation
7.1.1 Company Overview
7.1.2 Business Segments
7.1.3 Major Products & Services
7.1.4 SWOT Analysis
7.2 Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
7.2.1 Company Overview
7.2.2 Business Segments
7.2.3 Major Products & Services
7.2.4 Company Strategies
7.2.5 SWOT Analysis
7.2.6 Recent Developments
7.3 Reliance Infrastructure Ltd.
7.3.1 Company Overview
7.3.2 Business Segments
7.3.3 Major Products & Services
7.3.4 SWOT Analysis
7.4 National Hydro-Electric Power Corporation
7.5 Nuclear Power Corporation of India
8. Power Sector in India: Industry Outlook
8.1 Outlook for Electricity Transmission
8.2 Outlook for Electricity Generation
8.3 Outlook for Gas Use in Power Generation
8.4 Outlook for Oil-fired Power Generation
8.5 Outlook for Coal-fired Power Generation
8.6 Outlook for Nuclear Energy
8.7 Outlook for Hydroelectricity
8.8 Outlook for Power Generation from Renewable Energy
8.9 Outlook for Electricity Tariffs
8.10 Long-term Outlook for the Power Sector
8.11 Forecast Tables
9.1 India Political Landscape SWOT Analysis
9.2 India Economic Landscape SWOT Analysis
11. Research Methodology