The second module of the book focuses on the layout strategies of the automotive production line. A discussion of automotive aggregate planning and master production scheduling ensures that the reader is familiar with operational aspects. The book also reviews the energy emissions and expenditures of automotive production processes and proposes new technical solutions to reduce environmental impact.
- Provides extensive technical coverage of automotive production processes, discussing flexible stamping, welding and painting lines
- Gives complete information on automotive production costing as well as the supplier selection process
- Covers systems from the operational perspective, describing the aggregate and master production planning
- Details technical aspects of flexible automotive manufacturing lines
- Methodically discusses the layout and location strategies of automotive manufacturing systems to encompass the structural elements
- Features topic-related questions with answers on a companion website
List of abbreviations.
1.1 Anatomy of a Vehicle, Vehicle Functionality and Components.
1.2 Vehicle Manufacturing: An Overview.
2 Stamping and Metal Forming Processes.
2.1 Formability Science of Automotive Sheet Panels: An Overview.
2.2 Automotive Materials.
2.3 Automotive Stamping Presses and Dies.
2.4 Tailor Welded Blanks and their Stamping.
2.5 Advances in Metal Forming.
2.6 Stampings Dimensional Approval Process.
2.7 Stamping Process Costing.
3 Automotive Joining.
3.2 Fusion Welding Operations.
3.3 Robotic Fusion-Welding Operations.
3.4 Adhesive Bonding.
3.5 Welding and Dimensional Conformance.
3.6 Advances in Automotive Welding.
3.7 The Automotive Joining Costing.
4 Automotive Painting.
4.2 Immersion Coating Processes.
4.3 Paint Curing Processes, and Balancing.
4.4 Under-Body Sealant, PVC and Wax Applications.
4.5 Painting Spray Booths Operations.
4.6 Material Handling Systems Inside the Painting Area.
4.7 Painting Robotics.
4.8 Paint Quality Measurements.
5 Final Assembly.
5.1 Basics of Final Assembly Operations.
5.2 Ergonomics of the Final Assembly Area.
5.3 Mechanical Fastening and Bolting.
6 Ecology of Automotive Manufacturing.
6.1 Introduction of Automotive Manufacturing Ecology.
6.2 Energy Consumption and Accounting.
6.3 The Automotive Materials' Ecological Impact.
6.4 The Painting Process Ecology.
6.5 Ecology of the Automobile.
7 Static Aspects of the Automotive Manufacturing Processes.
7.2 Layout Strategies.
7.3 Process-Oriented Layout.
7.4 Cell-Based Layout Design.
7.5 Product-Based Layout.
7.6 Lean Manufacturing Tools for Layout Design and Optimization.
7.7 Locational Strategies.
8 Operational Aspects of the Automotive Manufacturing Processes.
8.2 Aggregate Production Planning.
8.3 Master Production Scheduling (MPS).
8.4 Material Requirement Planning (MRP).
8.5 Production Line Control and Management Style.
8.6 Selection and Management of Suppliers.
8.7 An Overview of the Automotive Quality Tools.