2011 Benchmarks in Obesity and Weight Management takes a comprehensive look at efforts in the healthcare industry to manage obesity and weight, based on recent market research by the Healthcare Intelligence Network.
HIN's market research found that weight management is one of the top five disease management efforts for which financial and benefit-based incentives are offered.
Healthcare reform is also rewarding prevention-focused programs, and this 25-page resource captures the efforts of more than 130 organizations in the prevention and reduction of obesity and related conditions and costs in their populations.
This report provides data on the following obesity and weight management trends:
- Percentage of organizations with existing programs to manage weight or prevent obesity;
- Percentage of organizations with plans to launch a program to manage weight or prevent obesity in the next 12 months;
- Targeted populations for obesity-related initiatives;
- Methods for identifying program participants;
- Program components;
- Reimbursable weight management services;
- Incentives that encourage participation in weight management programs;
- Impact of program on key metrics of satisfaction, utilization and cost;
- Estimated program-generated ROI and much more, including success strategies and member engagement techniques.
This chapter is based on responses to HIN's 2010 survey on Obesity and Weight management, in which 131 healthcare organizations reported on current and planned initiatives in this area of health concern.
2011 Benchmarks in Obesity and Weight Management contains essential information to help you measure program effectiveness, improve overall population health and enhance ROI.