The nutraceuticals market in the India is showing a continuous growth trend despite the economic downturn and rising inflation rates. Sports nutrition is a promising market in India; its protein based sports nutrition products have gained popularity. It is also attracting foreign players to enter into the market through collaborations.
Recently, many changes have occurred in spending habits of the urban population of the country, they have become more health conscious. Gymnasiums, health clubs and yoga centers are contributing to the growth in demand for vitamins and dietary supplements.
The nutraceuticals market in 2010 grew by 26.95% compared to results in 2009. During 2008 and 2009, sales volumes and the turnover of the industry was low although the industry showed a positive trend, led by an aging population and increasing chronic diseases. The industry is growing with a CAGR of 18.90% from 2006-2010.
- Urban consumers represent 67% of the vitamin and dietary supplement market, versus 33% attributed to rural consumers.
- In the food supplement category, the majority share is held by herbal food products and supplements, closely followed by functional digestives
Scope of the report:
- This report helps to analyze the overall nutritional and dietary supplements market in India with a detailed study of the market by segments (Functional food supplements, functional beverages and dietary supplements) and further segmented into vitamins, herbal supplements and sports nutrition products.
- The report also helps to analyze the macro economy environment and driving forces accounting for change in demand and production.
- It discusses recent industry trends which may bring changes in the future of the industry or its segments.
- The report also summarizes the scope for new entrants and existing domestic players.
- Company profiles will help to understand leading players in the market, their business and financial status.
1.1. Industry Overview
1.2. Nutraceuticals Market
1.2.1 Market Size
1.3. By Industry Segments
1.3.1. Functional Food supplements
18.104.22.168. Herbal Supplements
22.214.171.124.1 Market Size
1.3.2. Functional Beverages
126.96.36.199. Sports Nutrition
188.8.131.52.1. Market Size
184.108.40.206.2. Dietary/Nutritional Supplements
2. Scope for New Entrants
2.1. Affordability of Nutraceutical Products
2.2. Marketing of Dietary Supplements through Various Sources
2.3. Opportunity in Online Marketing
3. Industry Trends and Developments
3.1. Nutritional Supplement Shopping Portal
3.2. Regulatory Environment in Dietary Supplements Industry
3.3. Vitamin C Pricing Affecting Quality and Availability
3.4. Vitamin B Demand
3.5. Move of Leading Dietary Supplements Suppliers
4. India Macro Economy Environment
4.1. GDP Recovery and Growth
5. Growth Drivers
5.1. Aging Population
5.2. Annual Disposable Income
5.3. Internet Users
5.4. Healthcare Spending
5.5. Affluence of working population with changing lifestyles
6. Company Profiles
6.1. Amway India
6.1.1. Business Overview
6.1.2. Financial Performance
6.1.3. Business Developments
6.2. HerbaLife Ltd.
6.2.1. Business Overview
6.2.2. Financial Performance
6.2.3. Business Developments
6.3. Dabur India Limited
6.3.1. Business Overview
6.3.2. Financial Performance
6.3.3. Business Developments
7. Future Outlook of India Nutraceuticals Industry
8.1. Forecast Methodology
8.1.1. Data Collection Methods
8.1.3. Multi Factor Based Sensitivity Model
8.1.4. Final Conclusion
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Nutraceuticals Market Structure
Figure 2: Value Chain Analysis
Figure 3: Nutraceuticals Market Segmentation (2010)
Figure 4: India Nutraceuticals Market by Value (2006-2010)
Figure 5: Functional Food Supplements Segmentation (2010)
Figure 6: India Herbal Supplements market by value and Forecast (2006-2015F)
Figure 7: India Sports Nutrition Supplements market by value and Forecast (2006-2015F)
Figure 8: Vitamin and Dietary Supplements market by value and Forecast (2006-2015F)
Figure 9: India GDP at current prices (2006-2015F)
Figure 10: Total Population (2006-2015F)
Figure 11: Amway India Total Revenues (2006-2010)
Figure 12: Dabur India Total Revenues (2006-2011)
Figure 13: India Nutraceuticals Market Forecast by Value (2011-2015)
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Export/Import Statistics (2006-2010)
Table 2: Labor Participation Rates by gender and by age group in India