A largely import-driven market, as there is little to no local manufacturing, the Saudi market is a magnet for leading international brands, with Japanese and American tire majors leading the way, followed by a strong representation from European and Asian brands. All tires imported into Saudi Arabia have to pass the stringent safety specifications laid down by the Saudi Arabian Standards Organization, before they can be marketed in the country.
Major companies reigning the market currently are Yokohama, Bridgestone, Hankook, and Michelin. In 2010, Japanese manufacturers topped the list of suppliers with a 41% share of the Saudi import market, while US companies came in fourth place after South Korea and China. Saudi tire industry practitioners believe that prices increases over the last two years has led to some traders buying low-quality low-priced tires instead. On the other hand, although the tire prices are rising, domestic demand in the country has not gone down.
There are approximately 60 tire brands sold in Saudi Arabia, half of which are well-known brands sourced from companies in the U.S., Japan, South Korea, China, Indonesia, Turkey, India and Europe. Demand is expected to remain high for temperature and traction passenger car tires since they can withstand Saudi Arabia’s hot and harsh climate.
In this industry scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Automotive Tire Industry in Saudi Arabia. The report covers the following:
- A market profile of the automotive tire industry in Saudi Arabia including market statistics, industry end user analysis, market entry factors, and import/export statistics.
- Competition in the Industry.
- An analysis of the major industry players, namely Bridgestone Corporation, Cooper Tire & Rubber Company, Michelin, Goodyear, Yokohama Rubber Company, and Hankook. The companies are analyzed through a company overview, an analysis of business segments, and a SWOT analysis.
Taiyou Research’s report on the Automotive Tire Industry in Saudi Arabia is a comprehensive research offering on the industry.
2. Automotive Tire Industry in Saudi Arabia
2.1 Market Profile
2.2 Industry End User Analysis
2.3 Market Entry
2.4 Import/Export Statistics
3. Competition in the Industry
4. Major Players
4.1 Bridgestone Corporation
4.1.1 Company Overview
4.1.2 Business Segments
4.1.3 SWOT Analysis
4.2 Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
4.2.1 Company Overview
4.2.2 Business Segments
4.2.3 SWOT Analysis
4.3 Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA
4.3.1 Company Overview
4.3.2 Business Segments
4.3.3 SWOT Analysis
4.4 The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
4.4.1 Company Overview
4.4.2 Business Segments
4.4.3 SWOT Analysis
4.5 The Yokohama Rubber Company
4.5.1 Company Overview
4.5.2 Business Segments
4.5.3 SWOT Analysis
4.6 Hankook Tire Co., Ltd.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
- Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- The Yokohama Rubber Company
- Hankook Tire Co., Ltd.