Embedded Systems Architecture is a practical and technical guide to understanding the components that make up an embedded system's architecture. This book is perfect for those starting out as technical professionals such as engineers, programmers and designers of embedded systems; and also for students of computer science, computer engineering and electrical engineering. It gives a much-needed 'big picture' for recently graduated engineers grappling with understanding the design of real-world systems for the first time, and provides professionals with a systems-level picture of the key elements that can go into an embedded design, providing a firm foundation on which to build their skills.
- Real-world approach to the fundamentals, as well as the design and architecture process, makes this book a popular reference for the daunted or the inexperienced: if in doubt, the answer is in here!
- Fully updated with new coverage of FPGAs, testing, middleware and the latest programming techniques in C, plus complete source code and sample code, reference designs and tools online make this the complete package
- Visit the companion web site at [external URL] for source code, design examples, data sheets and more
- A true introductory book, provides a comprehensive get up and running reference for those new to the field, and updating skills: assumes no prior knowledge beyond undergrad level electrical engineering
- Addresses the needs of practicing engineers, enabling it to get to the point more directly, and cover more ground. Covers hardware, software and middleware in a single volume
- Includes a library of design examples and design tools, plus a complete set of source code and embedded systems design tutorial materials from companion website
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Section I: Introduction to Embedded Systems
Chapter 1: A Systems Engineering Approach to Embedded Systems Design
Chapter 2: Know Your Standards
Section II: Embedded Hardware
Chapter 3: Embedded Hardware Building Blocks and the Embedded Board
Chapter 4: Embedded Processors
Chapter 5: Board Memory
Chapter 6: Board I/O (Input/Output)
Chapter 7: Board Buses
Section III: Embedded Software Introduction
Chapter 8: Device Drivers
Chapter 9: Embedded Operating Systems
Chapter 10: Middleware and Application Software
Section IV: Putting It All Together: Design and Development
Chapter 11: Defining the System-Creating the Architecture and Documenting the Design
Chapter 12: The Final Phases of Embedded Design: Implementation and Testing
Appendix A: Projects and Exercises
Appendix B: Schematic Symbols
Appendix C: Acronyms and Abbreviations
Appendix D: Glossary
Tammy Noergaard is Chief Specialist in Embedded Systems at Terma, Denmark. Tammy has a wealth of professional experience including Technical Lead/Manager (Denmark) at Vestas Wind Systems A/S, independent consultancy in systems engineering and as a Field Engineering Specialist for two Silicon Valley-based corporations. She has also worked as a software engineer with Sony Electronics and Hyundai.