Confectionery in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Italy confectionery market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The confectionery market consists of the retail sale of chocolate, gum and sugar confectionery products. The chocolate segment consists of all chocolate based products, including boxed chocolates, chocolate countlines, chocolate straightlines, molded bars and novelties. The gum segment consists of all bubble and chewing gum. Moreover, sugar confectionery products consist of hard boiled sweets, mints, caramels and toffees, gums and jellies, marshmallows, fudges and medicated throat lozenges. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The Italian confectionery market had total revenues of $5,524.3m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.0% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.2% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 322.8 million kg in 2017.
- Rising health awareness is affecting overall market growth. This trend influenced consumers towards healthier options such as trail mix.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the confectionery market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the confectionery market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key confectionery market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy confectionery market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- What was the size of the Italy confectionery market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Italy confectionery market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy confectionery market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Italy's confectionery market?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Perfetti Van Melle S.p.A.
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy confectionery market value: $ million, 2013-17
Table 2: Italy confectionery market volume: million kilograms, 2013-17
Table 3: Italy confectionery market category segmentation: $ million, 2017
Table 4: Italy confectionery market geography segmentation: $ million, 2017
Table 5: Italy confectionery market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 6: Italy confectionery market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Table 7: Italy confectionery market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
Table 8: Italy confectionery market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2017-22
Table 9: Ferrero Group: key facts
Table 10: Mars, Incorporated: key facts
Table 11: Nestle SA: key facts
Table 12: Nestle SA: key financials ($)
Table 13: Nestle SA: key financials (CHF)
Table 14: Nestle SA: key financial ratios
Table 15: Perfetti Van Melle S.p.A.: key facts
Table 16: Italy size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Italy inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: Italy exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy confectionery market value: $ million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Italy confectionery market volume: million kilograms, 2013-17
Figure 3: Italy confectionery market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Italy confectionery market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Italy confectionery market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 6: Italy confectionery market distribution: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 7: Italy confectionery market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
Figure 8: Italy confectionery market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2017-22
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the confectionery market in Italy, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the confectionery market in Italy, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the confectionery market in Italy, 2017
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the confectionery market in Italy, 2017
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the confectionery market in Italy, 2017
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the confectionery market in Italy, 2017
Figure 15: Nestle SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Nestle SA: assets & liabilities