Global Footwear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global footwear market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The footwear market consists of the total revenues generated through the sale of all types of men's, women's and children's shoes. It includes all footwear categories for men, women, boys and girls, but excludes sports-specific footwear.
- The global footwear market is expected to generate total revenues of $314,649.9m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- Italy has the second largest footwear market in Europe after Germany, which is largely thanks to the country’s tradition of producing fashionable footwear.
- As one of the more mature markets globally, the US footwear market has not and is unlikely to witness strong growth on par with levels seen in some Asia-Pacific countries, such as China or India. However, the market has been positively impacted by improving macroeconomic conditions, including falling unemployment levels and rising wages.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the footwear market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalfootwear market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key footwear market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global footwear market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the Global footwear market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Global footwear market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global footwear market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global's footwear market?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Aldo Group Inc.
Bata Shoe Organization
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Global footwear market value: $ billion, 2013-17(e)
Table 2: Global footwear market category segmentation: $ billion, 2017(e)
Table 3: Global footwear market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2017(e)
Table 4: Global footwear market distribution: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Table 5: Global footwear market value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Aldo Group Inc.: key facts
Table 7: Bata Shoe Organization: key facts
Table 8: Deichmann SE: key facts
Table 9: DSW Inc.: key facts
Table 10: DSW Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 11: DSW Inc.: key financial ratios
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global footwear market value: $ billion, 2013-17(e)
Figure 2: Global footwear market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Figure 3: Global footwear market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Figure 4: Global footwear market distribution: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Figure 5: Global footwear market value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the global footwear market, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the global footwear market, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the global footwear market, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global footwear market, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global footwear market, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global footwear market, 2017
Figure 12: DSW Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: DSW Inc.: assets & liabilities