Food Retail in Egypt industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Egypt food retail market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The food retail market includes the retail sales of all food products, both packaged and unpackaged, as well as beverages (including retail sales of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages). All on-trade sales of food and beverage are excluded. All currency conversions are calculated at constant average 2014 exchange rates.
- The Egyptian food retail industry had total revenues of $64.6bn in 2014, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2% between 2010 and 2014.
- Convenience stores accounted for the largest proportion of sales in the Egyptian food retail industry in 2014. Sales through this channel generated $34.9bn, equivalent to 54% of the industry's overall value
- While the food retail industry as a whole has been relatively unexciting in recent years, there have been certain segments of the industry that have been enjoying good grow
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the food retail market in Egypt
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the food retail market in Egypt
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key food retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Egypt food retail market with five year forecasts
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Egypt economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Egypt food retail market by value in 2014?
- What will be the size of the Egypt food retail market in 2019?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Egypt food retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Egypt’s food retail market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Egypt food retail industry value: $ billion, 2010-14
Table 2: Egypt food retail industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 201
Table 3: Egypt food retail industry distribution: % share, by value, 2014
Table 4: Egypt food retail industry value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19
Table 5: Carrefour S.A.: key facts
Table 6: Carrefour S.A.: key financials ($)
Table 7: Carrefour S.A.: key financials (€)
Table 8: Carrefour S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 9: Hyper One: key facts
Table 10: Metro Markets : key facts
Table 11: Spinneys Holdings: key facts
Table 12: Egypt size of population (million), 2010-14
Table 13: Egypt gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2010-14
Table 14: Egypt gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2010-14
Table 15: Egypt inflation, 2010-14
Table 16: Egypt consumer price index (absolute), 2010-14
Table 17: Egypt exchange rate, 2010-14
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Egypt food retail industry value: $ billion, 2010-14
Figure 2: Egypt food retail industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 201
Figure 3: Egypt food retail industry distribution: % share, by value, 2014
Figure 4: Egypt food retail industry value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the food retail industry in Egypt, 2014
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the food retail industry in Egypt, 2014
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the food retail industry in Egypt, 2014
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the food retail industry in Egypt, 2014
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the food retail industry in Egypt, 2014
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the food retail industry in Egypt, 2014
Figure 11: Carrefour S.A.: revenues & profitability