Food Retail in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Norway food retail market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The food retail market includes the retail sales of all food products, both packaged and unpackaged, as well as beverages (including retail sales of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages). All on-trade sales of food and beverage are excluded. All currency conversions are calculated at constant average 2014 exchange rates.
- The Norwegian food retail industry had total revenues of $26.3bn in 2014, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5% between 2010 and 2014.
- Supermarkets / hypermarkets accounted for the largest proportion of sales in the Norwegian food retail industry in 2014. Sales through this channel generated $22.1bn, equivalent to 84% of the industry's overall value.
- While the food retail industry as a whole has been growing only moderately in recent years, there have been certain segments of the industry that have been enjoying good growth. For example, the organic food retail market in the country grew at a CAGR of 12.3% between 2010 and 201
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the food retail market in Norway
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the food retail market in Norway
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key food retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Norway food retail market with five year forecasts
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Norway economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Norway food retail market by value in 2014?
- What will be the size of the Norway food retail market in 2019?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Norway food retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Norway’s food retail market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Coop Norge Handel AS
Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co. KG
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Norway food retail industry value: $ billion, 2010-14
Table 2: Norway food retail industry geography segmentation: $ billion, 201
Table 3: Norway food retail industry distribution: % share, by value, 2014
Table 4: Norway food retail industry value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19
Table 5: Coop Norge Handel AS: key facts
Table 6: Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co. KG: key facts
Table 7: Norgesgruppen ASA: key facts
Table 8: Norgesgruppen ASA: key financials ($)
Table 9: Norgesgruppen ASA: key financials (NOK)
Table 10: Norgesgruppen ASA: key financial ratios
Table 11: Reitangruppen AS: key facts
Table 12: Norway size of population (million), 2010-14
Table 13: Norway gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2010-14
Table 14: Norway gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2010-14
Table 15: Norway inflation, 2010-14
Table 16: Norway consumer price index (absolute), 2010-14
Table 17: Norway exchange rate, 2010-14
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Norway food retail industry value: $ billion, 2010-14
Figure 2: Norway food retail industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 201
Figure 3: Norway food retail industry distribution: % share, by value, 2014
Figure 4: Norway food retail industry value forecast: $ billion, 2014-19
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the food retail industry in Norway, 2014
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the food retail industry in Norway, 2014
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the food retail industry in Norway, 2014
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the food retail industry in Norway, 2014
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the food retail industry in Norway, 2014
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the food retail industry in Norway, 2014
Figure 11: Norgesgruppen ASA: revenues & profitability