1. Introduction to particle dynamics;
2. Lagrange's and Hamilton's equations;
3. Kinematics and dynamics of a rigid body;
4. Equations of motion: differential approach;
5. Equations of motion: integral approach;
6. Introduction to numerical methods; Appendix; Index.
Donald T. Greenwood received his PhD from the California Institute of Technology, and is a Professor Emeritus of aerospace engineering at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Before joining the faculty at Michigan he worked for the Lockheed Aircraft Corporation, and has also held visiting positions at the University of Arizona, the University of California, San Diego, and ETH Zurich. He is the author of two previous books on dynamics.