1. Geometry of the surface;
2. Parameterization of shells of complex geometry;
3. Nonlinear theory of thin shells;
4. Continuum model of the biological tissue;
5. Boundary conditions;
6. Soft shells;
7. Biomechanics of the stomach;
8. Biomechanics of the small intestine;
9. Biomechanics of the large intestine;
10. Biological applications of mathematical modeling; Index.
Roustem N. Miftahof is Professor and Head of the Department of Physiology at the Arabian Gulf University, Manama, Bahrain. He is a recognised leader in the areas of applied mathematics and gastrointestinal research, and has authored and co-authored two previous books in these fields. He has worked in both academia and industry across Europe, America and Asia.
Hong Gil Nam Pohang University of Science and Technology, Republic of Korea.
Hong Gil Nam is Professor at Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, South Korea, Director of the National Core Research Centre for Systems Bio-Dynamics and President of the Association of Asian Societies for Bioinformatics. Professor Nam has received numerous awards for his research contributions and he has made several media appearances in South Korea.