2. Patient safety;
3. In the workplace;
4. Electrodes, sensors, signals, and noise;
5. The heart;
6. Cardiac assist devices;
7. Blood pressure;
8. Respiration and respiratory therapy;
9. The brain and its activity;
10. The intensive care unit;
11. The operating room;
13. Clinical laboratory equipment;
14. Intravenous pumps and other pumps;
15. Miscellaneous devices and topics.
Barbara L. Christe is Associate Professor and Program Director of Biomedical Engineering Technology at Indiana University–Purdue University, Indianapolis, Indiana.