1. The future of greenhouse gas production;
2. Changing energy efficiency;
3. Zero emission technologies;
4. Geoengineering the climate;
5. The ocean sinks;
6. The terrestrial sinks;
8. The past and the future; Appendices: Appendix A. Economic models; Appendix B. Present net value; Appendix C. Kyoto Protocol; Appendix D. Emission by Annex B countries; Appendix E. Table of units; Bibliography; References; Index.
Professor Ian Jones is Director of the Ocean Technology Group at the University of Sydney, Australia. He is also a director of Earth, Ocean and Space, a Sydney-based environmental consultancy. He has been a visiting professor at Tokyo, Copenhagen, Conception, Sun Yat Sen and Columbia universities. Dr Jones holds a number of patents on greenhouse gas abatement and has lectured at many international meetings. He is the co-author of three books and 90 research papers and sits on a number of journal editorial boards. He was elected a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers, Australia, and is a Councillor of the Engineering Committee for Oceanic Resources.