2. Vortex dynamics;
3. LES formalism in physical space;
4. Spectral LES for isotropic turbulence;
5. Spectral LES for inhomogeneous turbulence;
6. Current challenges for LES;
7. LES of compressible turbulence;
8. Geophysical fluid dynamics.
Marcel Lesieur, Olivier M�tais, and Pierre Comte, form the nucleus of the Grenoble Equipe Mod�lisation et Simulation de la Turbulence (the Grenoble team for modeling and simulating turbulence) and made significant contributions to the development of subgrid modeling of turbulent flows required for large-eddy simulation, and in the implementation of large eddy simulation methodology for research and applications. These authors were responsible for early research on spectral subgrid-scale closure, and the use of the closure approach in developing the physical space structure function model. More recently the authors have made significant contributions to the development of modeling for compressible turbulent flows.
O. Métais Laboratoire des Ecoulements, Grenoble.
P. Comte Laboratoire des Ecoulements, Grenoble.